The sudden loss of a loved one is even worse when their death was caused by someone else’s negligence or wrongdoing. If you have lost a loved one due to someone else’s negligent or wrongful conduct, you deserve to hold the wrongdoer accountable and receive compensation for your loss.
Why Choose Our Atlanta Wrongful Death Attorneys?
Compensation for Wrongful Death in Atlanta
Why You Need an Atlanta Wrongful Death Lawyer?
What is the Time Limit for a Wrongful Death Case?
What is Wrongful Death?
Common Causes of Wrongful Death
Atlanta Wrongful Death Frequently Asked Questions
Contact a Wrongful Death Lawyer in Atlanta Today
Why Hire Our Wrongful Death Lawyers in Atlanta?
At Julie A. Rice, Attorney at Law, & Affiliates, P.C., we have extensive experience in handling wrongful death cases in Atlanta. Our compassionate and skilled Atlanta medical malpractice attorneys understand the emotional and financial hardships that come with losing a loved one and will work tirelessly to ensure that you receive the compensation you deserve.
Compensation for Wrongful Death in Atlanta
In Atlanta, a wrongful death claim can allow the victim’s family or estate to recover a wide range of damages, including:
- Medical expenses incurred before the death
- Funeral and burial expenses
- Loss of the deceased’s income and financial support
- Loss of the deceased’s companionship, care, and protection
- Pain and suffering endured by the deceased before death
- Punitive damages for intentional or egregious conduct (in cases brought by the deceased’s estate)
Our skilled wrongful death attorneys in Atlanta will work tirelessly to help you recover the maximum compensation possible for your loss. While monetary compensation won’t bring your loved one back to you, it can ensure that you and your family are not left to face the financial burdens of your loss alone.
Why You Need An Experienced Atlanta Wrongful Death Attorney
Losing a loved one due to someone else’s negligence, recklessness, or intentional action is a traumatic and devastating experience that can leave you and your family reeling from emotional and financial burdens. An experienced Atlanta wrongful death lawyer can ensure that the responsible party is held fully accountable for your loved one’s death and that your family obtains the compensation it needs and deserves.
Here are some other reasons why it is important to hire an experienced wrongful death attorney in Atlanta from our law firm to assist with your wrongful death claim:
- Knowledge of the Law: Our Atlanta wrongful death lawyers have a deep understanding of the laws related to wrongful death. We can help you navigate the legal system and ensure that your rights are protected throughout the process.
- Investigations and Evidence Collection: A skilled wrongful death attorney from our law firm can conduct a thorough investigation into the circumstances of your loved one’s death, including gathering evidence, interviewing witnesses, and consulting with experts.
- Advocacy and Negotiation: We can advocate on your behalf with the liable insurance companies, other lawyers, and in court to ensure that you receive the maximum compensation available for your loss. They can also negotiate with the responsible parties to reach a settlement that meets your needs and goals.
- Emotional Support: We will provide you with emotional support and guidance throughout the legal process. We understand the emotional toll of losing a loved one and can provide compassionate and personalized legal representation.
- Time and Resources: Pursuing a wrongful death claim requires significant time and resources, which can be difficult to manage on your own while coping with the loss of a loved one. Our experienced Atlanta wrongful death attorneys can handle the legal aspects of your case, allowing you to focus on your family and the healing process.
How to Choose The Right Wrongful Death Attorney in Atlanta
Dealing with the loss of a loved one due to someone else’s negligence is a challenging ordeal. Choosing the right wrongful death attorney in Atlanta is a critical step in seeking justice and closure. At Julie A. Rice, Attorney at Law, & Affiliates, we understand the intricacies of these cases and the importance of finding an attorney with specific qualities to handle them effectively. Our team of Atlanta wrongful death lawyers is dedicated to providing tailored and skilled legal representation, ensuring that your family’s rights are protected and upheld. Consider the following qualities when selecting a wrongful death attorney:
- Experience and Expertise: Look for an attorney with a proven track record in handling wrongful death cases.
- Compassion and Empathy: Find a lawyer who demonstrates genuine empathy and understanding for your situation.
- Effective Communication: Choose an attorney who can communicate complex legal concepts clearly and keep you informed throughout the process.
- Resourcefulness: Opt for a legal professional with the resources and network to thoroughly investigate and build a strong case.
- Negotiation Skills: Select an attorney known for their strong negotiation skills, capable of securing the best possible outcome for your case.
- Trial Experience: Ensure your attorney has adequate trial experience in case the situation escalates to the courtroom.
By considering these qualities, you can secure the right legal advocate to navigate through this difficult time with compassion and proficiency.
The Statute of Limitations for Wrongful Death Claims in Georgia
Filing a wrongful death claim can be a complex process that involves gathering evidence, interviewing witnesses, and negotiating with insurance companies and other parties. The longer you wait to take action, the more difficult it can become to gather the necessary evidence and build a strong case.
Moreover, the statute of limitations for wrongful death claims in Georgia is generally two years from the date of the deceased person’s death. If you do not file a wrongful death lawsuit within this time frame, you may lose your right to seek compensation for your loss.
What is Wrongful Death?
Wrongful death occurs when someone’s negligence, recklessness, or intentional action causes the death of another person. In Georgia, the surviving spouse, children, or parents of the deceased may be eligible to file a wrongful death claim. If the deceased left behind no surviving spouse, child, or parent, their estate may be eligible to file a wrongful death claim.
Common Causes of Wrongful Death
Wrongful death can occur due to a wide range of causes, and the specific circumstances will depend on the particular case. However, some common causes of wrongful death include:
- Car Accidents: Car accidents are a leading cause of wrongful death in Georgia and throughout the United States. When a driver operates a vehicle negligently or recklessly, they put others at risk of injury or death.
- Medical Malpractice: Medical professionals have a duty to provide a certain standard of care to their patients. When a doctor, nurse, or other medical professional deviates from this standard of care, it can lead to fatal injuries.
- Workplace Accidents: Employees have the right to work in a safe environment. When employers fail to provide adequate safety measures, such as proper training, protective equipment, or safety protocols, employees can suffer fatal injuries.
- Defective Products: Manufacturers have a responsibility to ensure that their products are safe for consumers to use. When a product is defective or dangerous and causes a fatal injury, the manufacturer may be liable for wrongful death.
- Intentional Acts: In some cases, wrongful death may be caused by intentional acts, such as assault, homicide, or other violent crimes. In these cases, the responsible party may face criminal charges as well as a wrongful death lawsuit.
These are just a few examples of the many possible causes of wrongful death. If you have lost a loved one due to someone else’s wrongdoing or medical negligence in Atlanta, it is important to speak with an experienced Atlanta wrongful death lawyer who can help you understand your legal options and pursue compensation on your behalf.
Wrongful Death in Medical Malpractice
Losing a loved one due to medical malpractice is a distressing experience that can leave families feeling overwhelmed and uncertain. Understanding the intricacies of wrongful death cases resulting from medical negligence is crucial to ensure that justice is sought for your family. Our wrongful death lawyers in Atlanta are dedicated to providing comprehensive legal support and guidance for cases involving wrongful death in medical malpractice.
Types of Wrongful Death in Medical Malpractice Cases
- Surgical Errors: Wrongful deaths can occur due to errors during surgical procedures, including anesthesia complications, surgical instrument mishaps, or preventable surgical complications.
- Misdiagnosis or Delayed Diagnosis: Delayed diagnosis or misdiagnosis leading to wrongful death can result from a failure to recognize and treat a medical condition promptly, resulting in the progression of a disease or medical issue.
- Medication Errors: Fatalities can arise from medication errors, such as incorrect dosage, administration errors, or prescribing the wrong medication, leading to severe adverse reactions or complications.
- Birth Injuries: Wrongful deaths can occur during childbirth due to negligence, including injuries to the mother or the child resulting from medical errors during prenatal care, labor, or delivery.
- Failure to Provide Appropriate Treatment: When a healthcare provider fails to administer the appropriate treatment or care required for a specific medical condition, it can lead to fatal consequences for the patient.
Understanding these different types of wrongful death in medical malpractice cases is crucial in seeking the right legal support and pursuing justice for your loved ones.
Areas We Serve
Edgewood | Chastain Park | Downtown | Virginia Highland | Inman Park | Atlantic Station | Grant Park | Midtown | Cabbagetown | Reynoldstown | Decatur | Sandy Springs | Kirkwood | East Atlanta Village | Poncey-Highland | Buckhead | Vinings | Piedmont Heights | Morningside | Druid Hills | Old Fourth Ward | Castleberry Hill | East Lake | Ansley Park | Ormewood Park | Mechanicsville | West End
Atlanta Wrongful Death FAQs
Who can file a wrongful death lawsuit in Georgia?
In Georgia, the deceased person’s surviving spouse, children, parents, or personal representative of the estate can file a wrongful death lawsuit. The personal representative would file the lawsuit on behalf of the surviving family members.
How is liability determined in a wrongful death case?
Liability in a wrongful death case is determined by establishing that the defendant’s negligence, recklessness, or intentional actions directly caused the death. This often involves collecting evidence, medical records, expert opinions, and witness testimonies to build a strong case.
How can I afford legal representation?
Many wrongful death attorneys, including those at GeorgiaMedMalAttorney.com, work on a contingency fee basis. This means that you won’t have to pay any upfront fees. Instead, the attorney’s fees will be a percentage of the compensation they secure for you. If no compensation is obtained, you typically don’t owe any legal fees.
Contact the Atlanta Wrongful Death Attorneys at Julie A. Rice, Attorney at Law, & Affiliates, P.C. Today!
If you have lost a loved one due to someone else’s negligence or wrongdoing in Atlanta, it is important to act quickly to protect your rights. Our Atlanta wrongful death lawyer offers compassionate and experienced legal representation for wrongful death cases.
Contact Julie A. Rice, Attorney at Law, & Affiliates, P.C. today to schedule a free consultation with one of our skilled wrongful death lawyers in Atlanta. We handle wrongful death cases on a contingency fee basis, meaning that you don’t pay us a fee unless we obtain compensation for your loss.