Medical laboratory testing is a crucial aspect of healthcare, providing vital information that helps doctors diagnose and treat a wide range of medical conditions. However, laboratory errors can occur at any stage of the testing process, from sample collection to analysis and reporting of results.
Why Choose Our Laboratory Error Attorneys in Atlanta?
If you or a loved one has been harmed as a result of a laboratory error, the Georgia medical malpractice attorneys at Julie A. Rice, Attorney at Law, & Affiliates, P.C. can help. We have years of experience handling complex medical malpractice cases, including those involving laboratory errors.
Call us today to arrange a free case evaluation. You may be entitled to substantial compensation.
Types of Laboratory Errors
Laboratory errors can take many forms, including:
- Mislabeling of samples
- Incorrect interpretation of test results
- Failure to follow proper testing protocols
- Equipment malfunction
The consequences of a laboratory error can be serious. For example, a mislabeled sample can lead to incorrect diagnosis and treatment for a patient, while a misdiagnosis of test results can lead to unnecessary medical procedures or delayed treatment, potentially causing harm or even death. If a loved one has died due to the events of a laboratory error, call our wrongful death lawyers in Atlanta immediately.
Causes of Laboratory Errors in Atlanta
There are many potential causes of laboratory errors, including:
- Mislabeling: This occurs when a sample is not properly labeled or is labeled with incorrect information
- Contamination: This occurs when a sample is contaminated with another substance, which can lead to inaccurate test results and misdiagnosis, delayed diagnosis, or failure to diagnose.
- Improper handling: This occurs when a sample is not handled properly, such as being stored at the wrong temperature or being mishandled during transportation
- Equipment failure: This occurs when laboratory equipment fails or malfunctions, resulting in inaccurate or incomplete test results
- Communication breakdown: Poor communication between laboratory personnel, healthcare providers, and patients can lead to errors in specimen collection and result reporting
How Julie A. Rice, Attorney at Law, & Affiliates, P.C. Can Help
If you or a loved one has suffered harm due to a laboratory error, you may be entitled to file an Atlanta laboratory error claim against the healthcare professionals involved and/or the facility where the error was made.
Our laboratory error attorneys in Atlanta have a deep understanding of the complex medical and scientific issues involved in laboratory error cases. We work with medical experts to investigate the cause of the error, determine the extent of harm suffered by the patient, and pursue compensation on behalf of our clients.
We can help you:
- Identify and gather evidence of the laboratory error
- Establish the link between the error and the harm you suffered
- Calculate the full extent of your damages, including economic and non-economic losses
- Negotiate with the liable insurance companies or take your case to court if necessary to get you the compensation you deserve
Compensation is Available to a Victim of a Laboratory Error in Georgia
As a victim of a laboratory error, the compensation available to you will depend on the specific circumstances of your case and the extent of the harm you suffered. Generally, there are several types of compensation for medical negligence in Atlanta that may be available to you:
- Economic damages, such as medical expenses and lost income
- Non-economic damages, such as pain and suffering and loss of enjoyment of life
- Punitive damages, in cases where the responsible party’s behavior was particularly reckless or intentional
- Wrongful death damages, in cases where you have lost a loved one as a result of a laboratory error
Contact Julie A. Rice, Attorney at Law, & Affiliates, P.C. Today
If you or a loved one has been harmed as a result of a laboratory error, it is important to seek legal representation as soon as possible. Our Atlanta medical malpractice attorneys are committed to helping victims of medical malpractice and their families get the justice and compensation they deserve. Contact Julie A. Rice, Attorney at Law, & Affiliates, P.C. or call us at (770) 865-8654 today to schedule a free consultation and learn more about how we can help you.