Dental procedures are necessary for maintaining oral hygiene, but if a procedure goes wrong, it can have severe consequences for a patient’s physical and emotional health. Dental malpractice is relatively rare, but mistakes can happen during treatment, leading to injuries and damages.
Why Choose The Dental Malpractice Lawyers in Atlanta?
The Georgia medical malpractice attorneys at Julie A. Rice, Attorney at Law, & Affiliates, P.C. are committed to helping clients who have been injured due to dental malpractice. If you or a loved one is a victim of dental malpractice in Atlanta, we can help you pursue compensation for your injuries and damages, ensuring that you receive fair and just compensation.
Contact us today for a free, no-obligation consultation. You pay us no fee unless we win compensation for you.
What is Dental Malpractice?
Dental malpractice occurs when a dentist or other dental professional fails to provide appropriate care to a patient, resulting in harm or injury. Dental malpractice can cause severe injuries, including jaw fractures, nerve damage, and loss of taste or sensation. Other injuries that may result from dental malpractice include structural damage to the tongue, jaw, chin, or lips, temporomandibular joint disorders, and even wrongful death. In the event a wrongful death has occurred, contact our wrongful death lawyers in Atlanta.
Common Forms of Dental Malpractice
There are many different forms of dental malpractice, but some of the most common include:
- Misdiagnosis or failure to diagnose: Dentists are responsible for identifying and diagnosing dental conditions, such as cavities, gum disease, and oral cancer. When a dentist fails to diagnose a condition or misdiagnoses it, the condition can progress and worsen the patient’s outcome. In the event of a misdiagnosis leading to injury, contact our misdiagnosis lawyers in Atlanta.
- Inappropriate treatment: Dentists must provide appropriate treatment for dental conditions. When a dentist provides a medication error that is not necessary or performs a procedure incorrectly, patients can suffer serious harm.
- Anesthesia errors: Dental procedures often require the use of anesthesia to manage pain and discomfort. When a dentist or other dental professional commits an anesthesia error, it can lead to severe consequences for the patient and even death.
- Lack of informed consent: Dentists must obtain informed consent from patients before performing any procedure. When a dentist fails to obtain an informed consent or misleads a patient about the risks of a procedure, they can be held liable for any harm or losses suffered by the patient.
Proving Dental Malpractice Claims
Proving a dental malpractice claim in Atlanta requires a thorough investigation and the knowledge of an experienced attorney. To prove a dental malpractice claim, the following elements must be established:
- Duty: The dentist had a duty to provide you with appropriate care
- Breach of duty: The dentist breached the duty of care by providing you with inappropriate or substandard care
- Causation: The breach of duty caused your injuries
- Damages: You suffered harm or injury as a result of the dentist’s breach of duty
What Compensation Can I Expect from a Dental Malpractice Claim?
The compensation that you may receive in a dental malpractice claim will depend on the extent of your injuries and the losses that you have suffered. In general, compensation may include:
- Medical expenses: Compensation for medical expenses related to your injuries, such as doctor’s visits, hospital stays, and medications
- Lost wages: Compensation for lost wages due to time off work to recover from your injuries
- Pain and suffering: Compensation for physical pain, emotional distress, and other non-economic damages
- Punitive damages: In some cases, you may be awarded punitive damages if the dentist’s conduct was particularly egregious or malicious
How Our Atlanta Dental Malpractice Lawyers Can Help
When you choose our law firm to handle your dental malpractice claim, we will:
- Work tirelessly to ensure that you receive all possible compensation you deserve
- Handle all aspects of your case, from the initial investigation to settlement negotiations or trial
- Fight to protect your rights and hold the responsible party accountable for their actions
Contact us today for a free consultation to learn more about how we can help with your dental malpractice claim.
Call Julie A. Rice, Attorney at Law, & Affiliates, P.C. Today
If you or a loved one has been injured due to dental malpractice, contact Julie A. Rice, Attorney at Law, & Affiliates, P.C. to consult with an experienced Atlanta medical malpractice attorney. We can help you recover the compensation you need and deserve.
There are strict deadlines for filing a dental malpractice lawsuit in Atlanta. To make sure that you file within the specified time limits, it is highly recommended that you seek the opinion of an attorney as soon as possible. Contact us or call us at (770) 865-8654 today.