Cancer is a devastating disease that requires prompt and accurate diagnosis to increase the chances of successful treatment. Unfortunately, medical professionals sometimes fail to diagnose or misdiagnose cancer, which can have serious and even fatal consequences for the patient.
Why Choose Our Cancer Misdiagnosis Attorneys in Atlanta?
If you or a loved one has suffered harm due to a misdiagnosis or failure to diagnose cancer in Georgia, our experienced Georgia medical malpractice attorneys are here to help. We have the knowledge, skills, and resources needed to hold healthcare providers accountable for their negligence and pursue the maximum possible compensation for your losses.
Call Julie A. Rice, Attorney at Law, & Affiliates, P.C. today to schedule a free consultation with an experienced Georgia medical malpractice attorney.
Common Causes of Misdiagnosis or Failure to Diagnose Cancer
There are several reasons why a healthcare provider may misdiagnose or fail to diagnose cancer, including:
- A failure to order appropriate tests or screenings
- Misinterpretation of test results
- A delay in reviewing or communicating test results
- A failure to recognize symptoms or risk factors
- Inadequate training or experience
- Negligent or reckless conduct
If you suspect that your cancer diagnosis was delayed or inaccurate, it is important to consult with a knowledgeable cancer misdiagnosis attorney in Atlanta as soon as possible. Our cancer misdiagnosis attorneys in Atlanta will conduct a thorough investigation of your case to determine whether medical negligence played a role in the misdiagnosis or failure to diagnose.
Proving a Misdiagnosis or Failure to Diagnose Cancer in Atlanta
Proving medical malpractice due to a misdiagnosis or failure to diagnose cancer can be a complex and challenging process. To prove medical malpractice, several elements must be established:
- Duty: The healthcare provider had a duty to provide you with competent medical care.
- Breach of duty: The healthcare provider breached their duty by failing to correctly diagnose your cancer, which means they failed to provide you with the care that meets the accepted standards of medical practice. The standard of care is determined by the medical community’s expectations for the type of care that should be provided under similar circumstances.
- Causation: The healthcare provider’s misdiagnosis or failure to diagnose your cancer was the cause of your harm or injury.
- Damages: You must have suffered harm as a result of the healthcare provider’s failure to diagnose your cancer. These damages may include physical harm, emotional distress, and financial loss.
If we can prove each of these elements to the satisfaction of a judge or jury, you may be able to recover compensation for your past and future medical expenses, lost wages and income, pain and suffering, and other related losses. However, it is worth noting that proving a misdiagnosis or failure to diagnose cancer can be challenging because cancer symptoms can be vague and similar to those of other medical conditions. Therefore, cases like these typically require careful evaluation by an experienced Atlanta cancer misdiagnosis lawyer.
How Our Atlanta Cancer Misdiagnosis Attorneys Can Help
If you believe you or a loved one has been a victim of a misdiagnosis or failure to diagnose, it is important to seek legal help as soon as possible. Our skilled Georgia cancer misdiagnosis attorneys can help you by:
- Investigating the circumstances involved in your case to determine if malpractice has occurred
- Consulting with medical experts to review your medical records and determine the standard of care that should have been provided to you
- Gathering evidence to support your claim, including your medical records, witness statements, and expert testimony
- Negotiating with the liable insurance companies and healthcare providers to pursue a fair settlement on your behalf
- Representing you in court if a settlement cannot be reached
Contact Our Atlanta Cancer Misdiagnosis Attorney Today
At Julie A. Rice, Attorney at Law, & Affiliates, P.C., our team of medical malpractice lawyers in Atlanta understand the devastating impact that a misdiagnosis or failure to diagnose cancer can have on your life. We are dedicated to helping victims of medical malpractice pursue justice and compensation for their losses.
If you are ready to learn more about your legal options, contact us today or call us at (770) 865-8654 to schedule a free consultation. We are here to help you navigate the complex legal process and fight for the justice you deserve.